WE ARE HIRING!
Join our community of creative and innovative development professionals!
We are looking for a Managing Director who will lead and manage all activities taking place at Kwathu Centre in Lilongwe and Mangochi, Malawi.
Post: Managing Director/Project Lead
Number of positions available: 1
Position Location: Lilongwe
Post Type : Contract
Working Pattern: Full Time
Role Type: Management/Administration /operations/
Overview of the job
The post holder will assume the position of Managing Director at Kwathu Centre under Ntha Foundation which has two physical Hubs in Lilongwe and Mangochi named Kwathu Innovation and Creative Centre. In addition the candidate will oversee the Government of Malawi Digital Skills and Innovation Grants Activities which is funded by the World Bank and implemented by the Public Private Partnership Commission as Project Lead.
The successful candidate will oversee the management of processes, ensure data integrity, publicity, adhering to financial principles, policy and procedures. They will provide accurate and reliable management information to support performance measures within the Hubs.
The purpose of this role is to lead and manage all activities taking place at the Kwathu Innovation & Creative Centres, as well as managing the Government of Malawi Digital Skills and Innovations Grants Activities which is funded by the World Bank and being implemented by the Public Private Partnership Commission.
The Managing Director/Project Lead will be required to support and guide staff in order to deliver an efficient and effective Digital Skills Innovation and Entrepreneurship training program at the Ntha Foundation.
In addition to providing generalist support to the Hub the post holder is responsible for managing the provision of specific administration services, scheduling of hub activities ensuring appropriate allocation of tasks and taking into consideration workload, skills and knowledge of individual team members.
The post holder also undertakes a variety of specific activities and duties, for which they are held personally accountable.
Responsibilities, Activities & Duties
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
- Work with departmental heads, managers, and other stakeholders to develop team goals and delegate tasks to the appropriate team member
- Inform and interact with all funding partners
- Develop team schedules and assist in the successful onboarding and training of team members
- Create and communicate a clear list of expectations and goals for team members to follow
- Offer mentorship support to project team members and make people feel valued
- Maintain frequent communication to offer encouragement, amend tasks, and provide updates on goal progress
- Implement incentives to keep the team motivated and focused on their daily tasks project goals
- Provide frequent feedback on employee performance, address weaknesses or inefficiencies, and offer support to improve skill gaps
- Nurture collaboration amongst team members
- Create a workspace that encourages creativity and innovation to get the most out of the team
- Efficiently and effectively resolve team conflicts
- Write project reports as necessary
- Excellent organizational, Mentorship and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – diplomatic and assertive when required.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills Proactive in problem solving
- Able to work under own initiative
- A head for figures, margins, budgets, and revenue
- Good attention to detail with an ability to see the bigger picture
- Conversant with ICTs and emerging technologies
- A Masters Degree in Entrepreneurship, Business Administration, Project Management or related fields. (Those with a Bachelor’s Degree backed by relevant experience will be considered)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Business Administration and Development Work
- Experience of developing and maintaining key stakeholder relations Customer service and / or sales experience required
- Knowledge of the creative industries sector and/or business start-ups
- Operations experience required Knowledge of building management and property maintenance issues
- Conversant with working online and using platforms such as google drive and docs, Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Expert user of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Application Deadline: 15th June 2022