WE ARE HIRING!
Join our community of creative and innovative development professionals!
We are looking for a Media Producer (Photography, Videography, and Editing) who will lead all photography, videography and editing activities taking place at Kwathu Innovation & Creative Centre under the Ntha Foundation in Lilongwe and Mangochi, Malawi.
Number of positions available: 1
Position Location: Lilongwe
Post Type : Contract
Working Pattern: Full Time
Role Type: Media Production & Management
OVERVIEW OF THE JOB
As the videographer, your primary responsibility will be to capture high-quality footage and create engaging visual content that effectively communicates all activities, impact, and success stories of the Kwathu Innovation & Creative Centre under the Ntha Foundation, and all related projects. You will work closely with the Ntha Foundation team to understand the objectives and desired outcomes, ensuring that your videos align with the foundations and all projects’ vision and messaging.
The purpose of this is to document the Ntha Foundation’s activities, as well as capturing compelling visuals that showcase the impact of music in Malawi under the Music4Malawi project.
The videographer will be required to plan and execute video shoots in various locations, including workshops, performances, and other project-related events.
In addition to execution the videographer will be responsible for capturing footage that tells compelling stories and highlights the achievements and challenges faced by musicians and industry stakeholders.
The post holder also responsible for editing and post-production of videos, including selecting the best shots, adding appropriate audio, graphics, and effects, and delivering final products in various formats suitable for online platforms, presentations, and promotional materials.
RESPONSIBILITIES, ACTIVITIES & DUTIES
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
- Plan and execute video shoots in various locations, including workshops, performances, and other project-related events.
- Operate and maintain video equipment, ensuring technical quality and resolving any issues that may arise during filming.
- Capture footage that tells compelling stories and highlights the achievements and challenges faced by musicians and industry stakeholders.
- Conduct interviews with artists, project participants, and other key stakeholders to gather testimonies and insights.
- Edit and post-production of videos, including selecting the best shots, adding appropriate audio, graphics, and effects, and delivering final products in various formats suitable for online platforms, presentations, and promotional materials.
- Collaborate with the project team to develop video concepts, storyboards, and shot lists to ensure alignment with project objectives.
- Manage and organize video assets, ensuring their accessibility and usability for future reference.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to capture important moments and emotions.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse team.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in different environments and conditions, including outdoor locations and potential travel within Malawi.
- Knowledge and passion for music, particularly the music scene in Malawi, is highly desirable.
- Proven experience as a videographer, with a strong portfolio demonstrating previous work in documentary-style videos, event coverage, and interviews.
- Proficiency in operating professional video equipment (cameras, lighting, audio recording), as well as video editing software (e.g., Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, DaVinci Resolve).
- Knowledge of storytelling techniques and the ability to create visually compelling narratives through video.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- A detailed CV highlighting relevant experience and skills.
- A portfolio or showreel showcasing previous video work.
- A brief cover letter explaining your interest in the project and how your skills and experience align with the position.
Application Deadline: 20th May 2023
Apply through the application form below: