WE ARE HIRING!
Join our community of creative and innovative development professionals!
We are looking for a hub manager who will manage the Kwathu Centre Hub located in Mangochi, Malawi.
Post: Hub Manager
Number of positions available: 1
Position Location: Mangochi
Post Type : Contract
Working Pattern: Full Time
Role Type: Administration / Corporate Support/
Overview of the job
The post holder will manage the physical setup (from construction to outfitting) and administrative processes of the Kwathu Innovation and Creative under Ntha Foundation in Mangochi. The successful candidate will also work closely with management of Ntha Foundation, overseeing the management of processes, ensuring data integrity, publicity, adhering to financial principles, policy and procedures. They will provide accurate and reliable management information to support performance measures within the Hub.
The purpose of this role is to lead the construction and set up of Kwathu Innovation & Creative Centre in Mangochi, as well as managing the Government of Malawi Digital Skills and Innovations Grants Activities which is funded by the World Bank and being implemented by the Public Private Partnership Commission.
The Hub manager will be required to support and guide staff in order to deliver an efficient and effective Digital Skills Innovation and Entrepreneurship training program at the Ntha Foundation’s Mangochi Hub.
In addition to providing generalist support to the Hub the post holder is responsible for managing the provision of specific administration services, scheduling of hub activities ensuring appropriate allocation of tasks and taking into consideration workload, skills and knowledge of individual team members.
The post holder also undertakes a variety of specific activities and duties, for which they are held personally accountable.
Lilongwe Kwathu Centre Managing Director & Ntha Foundation Board
Responsibilities, Activities & Duties
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
- Manage the administrative processes with reference to the construction (funded by Ntha Foundation) and outfitting of the Kwathu Innovation & Creative Centre in Mangochi
- Manage the activities associated with the Hub and the administrative staff within this area. Ensure the hub meets its requirements to provide a fully centralized administrative service to all of the groups and its partners.
- Ensure that Ntha Foundation management and board is kept up to date on the latest
- Manage the day to day activities and responsibilities of the Hub, ensuring that deadlines are met and work is completed accurately and assigned fairly. The role includes ensuring that paperwork is complete, checked and ready for dissemination.
- Act as the main contact point for all enquiries and communications to the team regarding the Mangochi Hub as well as prioritize and distribute communications to the appropriate person or relevant department.
- Oversee the hub calendar by scheduling, receiving and logging of requests for use of the space and ensuring responses are given in good time.
- Ensure that the Hub equipment is kept in good working order and report to Ntha Foundation if there is need for repairment.
- Ensuring the Hub premises are kept safe and clean in collaboration with other staff members.
- Ensure good marketing of the Hub for the services both free and paid for (for resource mobilization).
- Some experience with construction and office outfitting & set up
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Well organized, with an ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Conversant with ICTs and emerging technologies
- Minimum of a degree in Business Administration, Project Management or related fields.
- Preferably 5 years of experience in Business development
- Conversant with working online and using platforms such as google drive and docs, Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Expert user of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Application Deadline: 15th June 2022