WE ARE HIRING!
Join our community of creative and innovative development professionals!
We are looking for a reliable communications associate to support the communications officer with the management of the day-to-day business and communications.
Post: Communications Associate
Number of positions available: 1
Position Location: Lilongwe
Post Type : Contract
Working Pattern: Full Time
Role Type: Communications/ Corporate Support/
Overview of the job
We are looking for a reliable Communications associate to support the communications officer with the management of the day-to-day business and communications under our M’mawa Management Training Program.
The communications associate’s responsibilities include performing communications tasks, assisting other company departments as needed, and ensuring smooth daily operations.
Responsibilities, Activities & Duties
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
- Performing communications duties which will include updating websites, social media management, answering of phone calls, as well as scheduling appointments.
- Assisting human resources with recruitment activities and creating work schedules.
- Supporting the operations manager with the enforcement of company policies and standards.
- Assisting accounting and payroll as needed.
- Monitoring inventory and placing supply orders.
- Tracking daily operations and reporting or resolving issues.
- Maintaining company databases.
- Academic background in communications. Experience in a comms role is a bonus.
- Knowledge of wordpress (blogposting) and website management.
- Knowledge of copywriting and social media management.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong computer proficiency.
- Conversant with ICTs and emerging technologies
- A minimum of a degree in communications or a related field
- Minimum of 1 year experience in communications work
- Strong prioritization, organization, and project management skills
- Conversant with graphic design tools such as Canva
- Experience with inventory management, database, or similar software is beneficial.
Application Deadline: 15th June 2022